|Name||:||Dr. Hirnissa binti Mohd Tahir|
|EDUCATION AND ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS|
|2007 - 2012||:||Doctor of Philosophy , Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM), Serdang, Selangor|
|2005 -2007||:||Master of Economic , Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM), Serdang, Selangor|
|2002- 2005||Bachelor of Economic, Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM), Serdang, Selangor|
|April 2014 – Present||:||Senior Lecturer , Kolej University Poly-Tech Mara|
|October 2013 – Mac 2014||:||Research Assistant for the project titled “Relating Weather To Criminal Activity In Malaysia”|
|September 2011 – August 2013||:||Research Assistant for the project titled “Sosioeconomic Impact of Sustainable Energy Production towards Low Carbon Economy”|
|September 2013 – January 2014||Tutor for Econometrics ECN4122|
|AWARD RECEIVED/PROJECT FUNDED
1. Bronze Medal for research/paper title “Growth Triangle and economic development in Sabah and Sarawak,” (with Muzafar Shah Habibullah, A.M. Dayang-Affizzah, Chin-Hong Puah and W.N.W. Azman-Saini) at the Invention & Research Innovation Exhibition 2008.Organized by Research Management Centre (RMC), Universiti Putra Malaysia.
2. Gold Medal for research/paper title “Defense Spending and Income Inequality in Asia,” (with Muzafar Shah Habibullah and Baharom
|July 2009||:||Abdul Hamid) at the Invention & Research Innovation Exhibition 2009. Organized by Research Management Centre (RMC), Universiti Putra Malaysia|
Muzafar Shah Habibullah, M. T. Hirnissa and A. H. Baharom. “Defense Spending - Economic Growth Nexus in Selected OIC Countries: A Long-Run Causality Analysis.” Journal of Business and Social Development, Volume 1, Number 2, pp.110-118.
Muzafar Shah Habibullah, M.T Hirnissa and A.H. Baharom. “Finance and Other Services Sectors in Peninsular Malaysia, Sabah and Sarawak: testing for Stochastic Convergence.” Aceh International Journal of Social Sciences. Volume 1, Number 2, pp. 1-9.
M.T Hirnissa, A.M. Dayang-Affizzah and A.H. Baharom. “Testing Regional Convergence Hypothesis Using Time-Series Data: Sectoral Evidence.” Journal of International Economic Review. Volume 4, Number 1, pp. 13-22.
1. A.H. Baharom, Alias Radam, Muzafar Shah Habibullah and M.T. Hirnissa. “The Volatility of Thai Rice Price.” Research Bulletin. Volume 4, pp. 70-76. 2009.
2. M.T. Hirnissa and Muzafar Shah Habibullah. “Regional Stochastic Convergence in Malaysian Agriculture Sector.” The ICFAI University Journal of Agricultural Economics. Volume 6, Number 3 & 4, pp. 111-118. 2009
3. M.T. Hirnissa, Muzafar Shah Habibullah and A.H. Baharom. “The Relationship between Defense, Education and Health Expenditures in Selected Asian Countries.” International Journal of Economics and Finance, Volume 1, Number 2, pp. 149-155. 2009.
4. M.T. Hirnissa, Muzafar Shah Habibullah and A.H. Baharom. “Military Expenditure and Economic Growth in ASEAN-5 Countries.” Journal of Sustainable Development, Volume 2, Number 2, pp. 192-202. 2009.
5. M.T. Hirnissa, Muzafar Shah Habibullah and A.H. Baharom. “Defense Spending and Income Inequality: Evidence from Selected Asian Countries.” Modern Applied Science. Volume 3, Number 5, pp. 96-111. 2009.
|2008||Hirnissa Mohd Tahir and Muzafar Shah Habibullah. Chapter title: “Regional Economic Convergence in Malaysia: The Case of the Agriculture Sector in Peninsular Malaysia, Sabah and Sarawak.” In Alias Radam and Mohd Rusli Yacob (Editors). The Malaysian Agricultural Sector: Strategies and Challenges. UPM Press. 2008. pp. 103-111.|
|2007||:||Muzafar Shah Habibullah, A.M. Dayang-Affizzah, W.N.W. Azman-Saini and M.T. Hirnissa. “Stochastic Convergence in a Growth Triangle: Some Empirical Evidence Using Panel Unit Root Test.” Asian-African Journal of Economics and Econometrics. Volume 7, Number 1, pp. 45-52. 2007